Continuity across Percolator output jack pins?!

Home Forums Percolator Tube Amp Forum Percolator FAQ & Support Continuity across Percolator output jack pins?!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Glen v A
    Participant

Jim reports the following:
    “Just finished up the electronic part of the build (terrific kit by the way, really enjoyed thus far).

“After I soldered in the output jack (B/W/G wires), I did a quick continuity check across the tip and ring of the jack to make sure the jack wasn’t shorted out, and was a bit surprised that there was continuity between the tip and ring/ground.

“I disconnected the various wires and checked that the jack itself wasn’t defective, but it seemed OK – no continuity/short between tip and ground.

“Just wanted to check that this behaviour was normal before I plugged it in and did any further testing.”

#448 Reply
    Glen v A
    Participant

And here’s the response from Percolator designer Brach Seimens:
    “Yes, your meter should read continuity across the output jack terminals when the transformer is connected. It’s actually not making a short, but your meter will tell you that it is (when it’s on the continuity setting) because the resistance of the secondary of the output transformer is so low. On the resistance setting you should see a few ohms across the output jack terminals.
    I’m glad you are enjoying the build!
    -Brach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #448 in Continuity across Percolator output jack pins?!
Your information: