Zeppelin Design Labs

Problems when connected via midi to computer

Home Forums Macchiato Mini Synth Forum Macchiato FAQ & Support Problems when connected via midi to computer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zdlAdmin 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Philm
    Participant

I connected the synth to computer via midi, When i send a midi note from the DAW it doesn’t seem to finish despite what the envelope ion the synth is whether its long or short. The note just plays continuously until it finishes on its own accord. I do not seem to have the same problem with the actual synth keyboard. In fact when I play that at the same time it will cut the midi note that has been sent from the DAW.

#1959 Reply

zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

This is usually caused by the opto-coupler’s output ringing because it is driving too high of an impedance. We have found that some opto-couplers are more sensitive than others in this way. The fix is reducing the value of the pull up resistor on its output (R18). If you replace R18 with something less than 1000 ohms, it should help….Alternatively, if you have another resistor (anything between 300 ohms to 2500 ohms) you could put it in parallel with R18 and the parallel combination will be under 1000 ohms.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Problems when connected via midi to computer
Your information:

avant-garde audio & electronic products