altura problems on power up

Home Forums Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Forum Altura FAQ & Support altura problems on power up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bunj
    Participant

Hello i just completed my kit (zd3101), when i power it up with the 9v power adapter my led turns on but i have nothing on my display. nothing what soever despite my jiggling and bending of wires, i have double checked my resistors values and capacitor polarity and reflowed solder where it seemed to be lacking. more concerning my voltage regulator is getting very hot, hot to the touch after just a few seconds of being powered on.

#18392 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Don’t turn it on! It sounds like a ground fault. Look for put pins shorted to each other or to ground.

#18447 Reply
    brach

You have a short somewhere. The first thing to check is your distance sensors…is one or both of them plugged in backwards?
    The next thing to check is your solder joints. Are there any solder bridges? Is there any loose solder pieces on the board that could be shorting together 2 solder joints? Look carefully. You may want to re-flow the solder joints just to be sure.
    Let me know what you find.
    -Brach

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #18392 in altura problems on power up
Your information: