Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Review for Nuts and Volts Magazine

Home Forums Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Forum Altura Press Reviews Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Review for Nuts and Volts Magazine

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Craig Lindley
    Participant

I’ve just completed a review of this kit for the March 2018 issue of Nuts and Volts Magazine. I don’t want to spill the beans completely on the review but I think I can share the conclusions to the article here.

“Was this kit fun and easy to build? You bet. Does this theremin have enough functionality to keep you
    entertained for a long while? You bet. Is the theremin easy to master? I would have to say no. Playing
    the Altura theremin in key is much easier than with a traditional analog theremin but you still need a
    good musical ear and good hand coordination to play a song without error. Is the effort necessary to
    master this device worth the investment in time? I definitely think so. I already have some ideas on
    how I will incorporate the Altura theremin into my next round of recordings.”

Please checkout Nuts and Volts Magazine March 2018 issue for the comprehensive review.

#2603 Reply
    Captainkidd
    Participant

I actually saw the article while browsing the Nut’s and Volts magazine at the book store. I just happened to start looking for a device just like this the day before so this I think hit the nail on the head. Just ordered a kit. Thank you!

#2614 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Craig, thanks for posting. We have not seen the review yet but look forward to it! Yes, it takes some practice to master the Altura, but yes, it’s easier than a theremin! We have some tutorial videos in the works to help with the learning curve.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #2614 in Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Review for Nuts and Volts Magazine
Your information: