Bypass Switch/LED not functioning

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Bypass Switch/LED not functioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Rosenthal
    Participant

Just finished board assembly yesterday. Setup was going well; I had just set the GAIN trim pot to 40K ohms and was about to move on to adjusting the HIGH and LOW trim pots. Plugged in DC power to the pedal and put a 1/4 cable into the input, and the power LED came on—great. I pressed the bypass switch as per the instructions, but the bypass LED did not turn on. I plugged an amp into the other side and my guitar signal did come through the pedal, despite the effect itself not working properly.

After some troubleshooting I found that both the bypass LED and tap LED are oriented correctly and the footswitch is NOT shorting out, so I’m not really sure where to go from there. Any suggestions?

#29930 Reply
    brach

Stephen,
    Work through the troubleshooting guide, step 2.
    Let me know what you find.
    -Brach

#29935 Reply
    Stephen Rosenthal
    Participant

Just now getting to testing, been a busy week. However I have a whole new problem now. Plugged in the same power supply, which I thought was appropriate, 9V 1000mA. However the pedal wouldn’t even power on. The plug itself was very hot so I just tried a different supply: 9v 200mA. Pedal powers up, both tap tempo and bypass LEDs are functioning properly. However, now when the bypass switch is activated no signal comes through, regardless of the VOLUME position. I did still check for voltage in the spots given by the chart and everything tests fine except for the green points (9V) which are reading 12V. This is where my veeeerrrry basic knowledge ends so forgive me for not knowing what this means.

#29939 Reply
    brach

Something is wrong about your power supply. Please measure the voltage across the power supply jack to make sure it is really 9V and not 12V.
    On the original power supply you were using (the 9V, 1000mA supply), is the jack polarity correct (positive on the sleeve, negative on the tip)?
    Generally, all the intermittent issues (of the pedal not working at all, and then not passing signal…etc) are probably related to bad solder joints. It might help if I could see some detailed, in focus, pictures of both sides of your circuit board. Try to bend the pots up some to capture the solder joints under the pots. If i could see the your solder joints and build quality, I could probably offer some better suggestions as to what direction to lean toward in troubleshooting.
    -Brach

#30005 Reply
    Stephen Joseph Rosenthal

It says 9V. No jack polarity indicators or label on the original supply, either. Perhaps I was testing incorrectly… Would it be too intrusive to ask if I could bring the pedal in for some in-person advice? I understand if you’d rather not do this, and will gladly post pictures if you’d prefer. I just think it’d be easier on both of us if I could go ahead with my suggestion. Again, if not, let me know.

#30006 Reply
    brach

Email me from our contact page on our website. We’ll try to figure something out.
    -Brach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #29939 in Bypass Switch/LED not functioning
Your information: