Can't get the display working

Home Forums Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Forum Altura FAQ & Support Can't get the display working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Troy
    Participant

I don’t seem to be able to get the DS-30-37 3 Digit 7-Segment Display Display to work properly. I can get individual segments working at different times, so it means that it’s not a faulty part. I have reflowed all connections on the pins to make sure that I didn’t make a bad solder anywhere, but I can’t seem to get it to connect properly.

I followed the instructions in the PDF to bend the pins on the display to have a better connection but it’s no go.

Any other tips or tricks or ways to check the display?

#2751 Reply
    brach

Troy,
    I’m sorry the display is giving you trouble.
    I agree with you that it does seem like there is no issue with the display itself. My guess is that some pins are not making good contact with the header pins. I often have to bend the display leads pretty far to get them working properly. Are any segments working on all three digits, or are only pieces of 1 or 2 digits working? Also, are the same segments not working on each digit? If we know which segment or digit is not working then we can tell which pins are not making contact.
    Let me know.
    Good luck!
    -Brach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #2751 in Can't get the display working
Your information: