Code Bug in MIDI Channel Assignment via PC Message

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Code Bug in MIDI Channel Assignment via PC Message

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vatore3rd
    Participant

Hi,

I am running Quaverato version 2.4.2. I initially tried to set the channel in calibration mode using a PC message. That didn’t work. I then tried to set the channel in calibration mode using a CC message. That worked. I looked at the source code on GitHub and there is a bug (line missing) in the handleProgramChange() function which caused the PC message to not correctly set the MIDI Channel:

void handleProgramChange(byte channel, byte number){

if (setMidiChannel){

EEPROM.write(2, channel);
    EEPROM.write(3, false); <<<<< THIS LINE IS MISSING — thus the disabling of Omni Channel mode is not persisted in EEPROM.

}

}

#26359 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

By Jove, you may be right! Thank you! We are currently shipping software v2.4.3, but this bug likely persists in that version as well. I will incorporate this fix into v2.4.4. We are having some trouble supporting our nifty Updater App, so distribution of future updates will probably be via download direct from the product page. Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of developments. And thank you!

Glen

#41897 Reply
    Benjamino1979
    Participant

Hi all, has this bug been fixed? I’ve recently completed my Quaverato build and all the main controls work fine, everything checks out and it sounds amazing, however, it won’t set to a single midi channel (in my case I’m trying to set it to channel 2) whether I send a PC message or a CC message in calibration mode. Midi is working, I can see it change presets when I scroll through PC values on my controller, but it does this regardless of which channel I send it on. I have 3 midi pedals on my board and use midi to make them do different things at different times with PC, CC and expression control, so really do need to be able to isolate the Quaverato to only listen to a single channel or it’ll be sonic chaos…and not in a good way! Any tips for sorting this?

Thanks

#41899 Reply
    brach

I’m sorry for the trouble. That sounds frustrating. I don’t know what is going on, but I do know this bug has been fixed, so I’m not sure why it’s not working for you. It sounds like the pedal is not changing channels for some reason. I’m not sure what to tell you about this other than to make sure you really are in calibration mode when you send the midi packet (test this by playing with the MIX knob and seeing if it responds the way described on page 11 of the owners manual). Also make sure you are sending only on channel 2, which I’m sure you probably are.

#41906 Reply
    Benjamino1979
    Participant

Thanks for that Brach, I solved it & am slightly embarrassed that I’d didn’t work out the problem before, but I did what you suggested and it does enter calibration mode fine, that wasn’t the issue. I realised that it was probably still in omni-channel mode, so I simply sent a CC#124 message on midi channel 2 and this has fixed it, it now responds perfectly on channel 2 alone! Now all I have to do is get it integrated in to my board and it’ll all be great! Thanks again for you attentive reply.

Ben

#41910 Reply
    brach

Great! I’m glad you got it figured out.
    Enjoy your Quaverato!
    -Brach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #26359 in Code Bug in MIDI Channel Assignment via PC Message
Your information: