How well does the Percolator play with pedals?

Home Forums Percolator Tube Amp Forum Percolator FAQ & Support How well does the Percolator play with pedals?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kidneyboy
    Participant

Just watched the demos and I’m curious.

#395 Reply
    brach

Thanks for asking…The Percolator has a fairly typical input impedance for an amp (~1M ohm), so interfacing with most pedals is not a problem. Modulation effects (flanger, tremolo, chorus, etc…) sound great, as well as delay effects (reverb, echo, etc…). In fact, one of my favorite things to do with the Percolator is run tremolo and reverb into it (in that order) and crank up the volume to where it just starts breaking up nicely. I could listen to that sound all day. I’m still amazed at the kind of tone this amp can put out at such low volumes. Honestly, I’ve never played the Percolator through an overdrive or distortion pedal…it already breaks up enough for my taste. With the volume at around noon it starts getting a really nice warm overdrive (that only comes from tubes) and that’s better than any overdrive or distortion box that i own. At close to full volume it’s got a good high-gain sound (think Marshall stack) and i don’t feel the need to add any distortion to it…but that’s just my personal preference.

#699 Reply
    Glen v A
    Participant

Here is a recording one of our customers made (recorded with his iPhone) using some pedals and a cigar-box guitar:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #395 in How well does the Percolator play with pedals?
Your information: