I'm considering upgrading the speaker to a Jensen P8R.

Home Forums Percolator Tube Amp Forum Percolator FAQ & Support I'm considering upgrading the speaker to a Jensen P8R.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Berk asks, “I’m considering upgrading to a Jensen P8R speaker. What do you think of that for the Percolator?” I’ll let resident Tech Genius Guru Brach field that one:

#392 Reply
    brach

The P8R is a great little speaker, but a bit over-priced in my opinion. A very nice sounding 8″ alnico that you might want to try is Weber’s “alnico Signature 8” (not the 8S…it’s harder for the 8S to break up under the Percolator’s output wattage). At nearly half the price of the P8R, i think it sounds as good or better in some cases…https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/asig8.htm

#562 Reply
    Glen v A
    Participant

UPDATE:Given our spidery connections throughout the music manufacturing industry, and our awesome buying prowess, we recently learned that we here atZDL can obtain the Jenssen P8R for about the same cost as the Weber Signature 8. If you wanted US to perform the upgrade, we could install either speaker into either the 1×8 cab or Combo for an upcharge of about $70.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #392 in I'm considering upgrading the speaker to a Jensen P8R.
Your information: