Installing and running Arduino V1.0.5r2

Home Forums Macchiato Mini Synth Forum Macchiato FAQ & Support Installing and running Arduino V1.0.5r2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    azcamper
    Participant

I’m currently running IDE 1.8.4 and don’t want to disturb it. Downloaded the “Windows” version 1.0.5r2 and unzipped it to a new directory. When I run it, it complains that JAVA needs to be installed. So, I copied the “Java” directory from my 1.8.4 to the 1.0.5 and now it starts the IDE but then “crashes” (window disappears). What else do I need, to make it run ? Thanks

#11719 Reply
    azcamper
    Participant

UPDATE: I was able to get the 1.0.5r2 working. I then made all the changes required to compile a simple mozzi file. But am getting the following errors when compiling “sinewave.ino”

In file included from C:………\MozziGuts.cpp:29:
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h: In member function ‘void TimerOne::setPwmDuty(char, unsigned int)’:
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h:157: error: ‘TIMER1_A_PIN’ was not declared in this scope
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h: In member function ‘void TimerOne::pwm(char, unsigned int)’:
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h:175: error: ‘TIMER1_A_PIN’ was not declared in this scope
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h: In member function ‘void TimerOne::disablePwm(char)’:
    C:…….\utility/TimerOne.h:208: error: ‘TIMER1_A_PIN’ was not declared in this scope
    C:…….\MozziGuts.cpp: In function ‘void startAudioHiFi()’:
    C:…….\MozziGuts.cpp:359: error: ‘TIMER1_A_PIN’ was not declared in this scope
    C:…….\MozziGuts.cpp:360: error: ‘TIMER1_B_PIN’ was not declared in this scope

Any help would be appreciated

#11739 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

AZ, there is good news and bad news. The bad news is, the Github page instructions appear to be out of date and misleading. The good news is, the current instructions are super-easy. The latest Macchiato release v1.1.3 (Macchiato_Mini_Synthv1_180109.ino) was compiled with Arduino 1.8.4. Try adding MIDI.h and Mozzi to your 1.8.4 libraries as described; then compile the sketch with no further file editing or configuration at all. Flash it to your synth and see if it works.
    When my software guy is in tomorrow, I’ll review the Github with him and we’ll update the README with corrected instructions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #11739 in Installing and running Arduino V1.0.5r2
Your information: