Led noise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    carlinb
    Participant

Hello, I’ve completed my build and I find there is signal noise bleed through my signal chain. I hear a hum that is directly associated with the lighting of the led for the rate knob. I’m finding this happens regardless of it being activated or not. If I unplug the unit in the chain the sound stops. It becomes more prevalent when I increase the rate and slower when I decrease the rate knob on the pedal. Any thoughts?

#20979 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

What are you using for a power supply?

#20980 Reply
    Ben Carlin

I have a donner dp-1 power supply

#20981 Reply
    brach

What is your Quaverato’s serial number?
    Just as an experiment, try to use a linear power supply instead of a switch mode power supply. In the past we’ve had good luck using liner power supplies or even a battery (with a barrel-to-9v-battery-snap adapter) to get rid of noise issues. If the noise changes when using a different power supply it will help with troubleshooting.
    -Brach

#20985 Reply
    Carlinb

I will test this out and get back to you. Thank you for the quick response and suggestions.

#20987 Reply
    Carlinb

I tested out a single ac adapter into it, not connected to the power supply in any way and it still is there my s/n is zd3799. Please let me know what you think is the next step

#20997 Reply
    brach

Was the ac adapter a linear power supply or smps?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #20980 in Led noise
Your information: