LFO and Bypass led

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support LFO and Bypass led

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kit
    Participant

So, I plugged it in. Power light on, LFO blinks green intermittently, Bypass led does not light. No resistance between T1 T2 and T3 T4.

Help!

#19923 Reply
    Kit
    Participant

Pin 4 to ground is .001v, BTW.

#19986 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Is the LFO light blinging 2-4-2 … 2-4-2 .. ? This is a service easter egg: when you power up with the bypass switch depressed, the pedal starts in a calibration mode, and the LFO light flashes out the software version; in this case, v2.4.2.
    This suggests that your footswitch may be shorted to ground, that is, the pedal thinks it is depresses (closed) all the time. Double check the wiring of that switch, or even disconnect it for a moment to test.
    Beyond that, I must defer to Brach, the technical guru, who is out at the moment on maternity leave. I will ask him to check in with this thread when available.

Glen

#19991 Reply
    Kit
    Participant

Thanks, Glenn. I did reflow the joints but will try disconnecting the bypass switch tonight. The LFO is blinking 2-4-2.

Kit

#19999 Reply
    Kit
    Participant

Disconnected the bypass at the lug and start up was good. Resoldered the lug and it worked as expected. Was able to calibrate the trim pots and solder the jumpers. Power up….. back to 2-4-2 even with bypass not connected.

Ground issue somewhere.

Kit

#20002 Reply
    Kit
    Participant

Continuity – bypass square pad to ground – power off and on.
    Continuity – round pad – only power on.

#20166 Reply
    brach

Hi Kit…
    I’m trying to get back to working a few hours here at the lab. I’ve been out with some family health issues for the past several weeks.
    I’m sorry about your Quaverato trouble. Since you are getting continuity to ground on the round pad only when power is on, this tells me that your microcontroller probably has been damaged so you may need a new one. You can try reflashing it to see if it can be salvaged, but if you don’t have the means to do that then your best bet is to get a new microcontroller.
    If you want to inquire about getting a new microcontroller, you can contact us at info “at” zeppelindesignlabs.com
    Once again, i’m sorry about this trouble…and sorry it took so long for us to get back to you about it.
    -Brach

#20373 Reply
    Kit
    Participant

The new controller helped. However, the sound is very muddy. In calibration mode, only the LPF works but not the HPF. Also, the gain trim pot doesn’t change the volume. Rats.

Kit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #20373 in LFO and Bypass led
Your information: