no sound

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dsmabee
    Participant

I just finished my pedal and am getting no sound with the pedal engaged. Bypass is fine and the lights indicate everything should work but…no sound, no squeaks, squeals, static…nothing. Any suggestions where I might start. I’ve tried the obvious. Thanks Dave.

#14880 Reply
    brach

By obvious i assume you mean the jumpers have been soldered and the guitar and amp are in the correct jacks?…I don’t mean to be insulting, but this happens even to me sometimes.
    What board version do you have?
    -Brach

#14890 Reply
    dsmabee
    Participant

Hey Brach, I decided to give it another once over and tho I’m not sure what I did I have solved the issue of no sound. The problem now is the sound. There is a very high pitched noise when the pedal is engaged that is adjustable with the rate and depth controls etc. Suggestions? Thanks Dave. By the way, my board is a 6.1.

#14891 Reply
    brach

Well, i’m glad to hear that something fixed the no noise issue. But since you don’t know what solved it, it may not actually be fixed and it may stop working again. The high pitched noise may be related to the same issue. Make sure your solder joints are very solid, fully connected and nothing is bridged. There are lots of things you could be getting this high pitched noise from. One of them is the power supply. You can try to use a battery to see if that would help, or a linear power supply (not switch mode) like the Boss PS series…basically anything with a heavy transformer in it. Another thing that could be causing the high pitched noise is the PWM signal leaking into the audio signal. Since this noise is adjustable with some controls, this is probably what it is. Hopefully cleaning up your solder joints will help with this. Lowering the volume of both the high and low signal paths may also help with this.
    Keep me posted about your solder joints.
    -Brach

#14901 Reply
    dsmabee
    Participant

Hey Brach, I switched power supplies from my Dunlop Wah plug to a Trutone that solved 98% of the noise problem (I don’t know why I didn’t think of that). I’m still going to go over the solder joints just to be certain. Thanks Dave.

#14938 Reply
    brach

Thats good about the power supply.
    Now, make sure you have clean solder joints.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #14938 in no sound
Your information: