One more question about Midi Gnd Lift

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support One more question about Midi Gnd Lift

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

There is a Midi Gnd Lift (two connector pins) and I did find a plug to bridge the two pins. Did not know if I should bridge or not and there was nothing in the instructions. What is the connector for? And should I just install the bridge onto one pin if it is not necessary at this time?

#14322 Reply
    brach

Sorry for just now getting back with you. It’s been a crazy week with a lot going on.
    I did forget about mentioning this in the new manual. I have a running list of changes we need to make to it. Thanks for letting us know about this.
    The midi ground lift socket gives you the oppotuinity to disconnect the pedal from the ground path of whatever midi controller you are using. This may be useful if you are experiencing ground loops, which can cause a lot of noise. In some cercunstances it may more quiet to lift the ground, in others it may be more quiet to connect the ground…you have the option with this jumper. By default i’d leave it un-connected (jumper off) unless you are experiencing a lot of noise when the midi controller is used.
    I hope this helps.
    -Brach

#14347 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Helps a lot. Thanks. I’ll just put the jumper on one leg at this point so it doesn’t get lost.

#14395 Reply
    brach

Good idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #14322 in One more question about Midi Gnd Lift
Your information: