Pedal done and working despite roadblocks

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Pedal done and working despite roadblocks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Everything was fine with the build until I went to mount the board to the chassis top. Oh no, there are no nuts for the pots. How did I miss that when I did my BOM inventory. I emailed about the issue. Meantime, I went to ACE and Home Depot and no luck finding any nuts to fit the pots. So I came home and raided any unused pedal I had to get nuts off them. Only found six that fit. But it was enough to keep moving ahead and I made sure that I had a nut on the pot with the ground lug.

Did my finish work and calibrated. Easy peasy. Then the hard part, plugging it into my amp. Always a heart skipping moment in any build, amp or pedal. It works. I mean it really works. I’ll have to play with it some but so far I really like what I hear. The pedal is not noisy at all. Nice warble right away and now it is play time. Well, I still hope Zeppelin sends me the nuts (I’ve got to add one more to the pedal and replace the ones I raided). With the chassis painted black the pedal looks really cool. Wish I could post photos here. I’ll try and find Zeppelin Design on FB and share there.

#14271 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Rusty, so sorry about the missing hardware!! That’s actually pretty rare. Your nuts and washers are on the way. Thanks for the heads up; we can double check the other kits packed in the same batch.
    I’m also sorry it’s tricky to post pictures here, but here is yours, linked from your Facebook post! It looks great!! Good job!

#14272 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

And agian!

#14323 Reply
    brach

Nice build! Good job!

#14351 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve sent you a photo of the pedal with the new knobs — Fender cream-colored barrel knows. They look great and add some nice contrast. But more than anything else I’m loving the sound of this pedal. BTW, my daughter is Genevieve of Choo Choo Soul on Disney Channel/Disney Jr. and this pedal ultimately will end up in her studio. She’s excited after hearing it recently. But I get to use it for awhile first.

#14406 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

And here it is! Quaverato with Fender brownface style knobs. Nice work, Rusyt!

#14410 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Love this pedal and with a couple of my songs it is just what I needed. Also wanted to let you know that I got your mail. Thanks for the extras. Always nice to have inventory.

And, I hope you don’t mind my tinkering with the look. I’m just a DIY mod kinds of guy, including cosmetics. I like the look with the original knobs and may even go back to those. These knobs I think give it a little vintage vibe and a nice contrast to the black and grey.

This sounds incredible through my clone Tweed Princeton in a cab with 2x8s. It’s hardwired by me and is pretty much my favorite amp. I’d gig out with it if I could but it just wouldn’t cut without micing. I’ll have to send you some sound files with the Quaverato.

Thanks for all you help here in your forum and with the mailing. Such support is invaluable and very much appreciated.

#14429 Reply
    brach

I’m really glad you are enjoying your Quaverato. Good job making it look unique…it’s looks great! I love it when our customers mod our kits to personalize them…that’s what DIY is all about…being creative and tweaking things to personal taste.
    Take care.
    -Brach

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #14323 in Pedal done and working despite roadblocks
Your information: