Quaverato Troubleshooting

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Quaverato Troubleshooting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Seth N Peacock

I built it a while ago and after some difficulty you guys helped me get it operational and I absolutely love it. At some point recently the rate/ratio/spacing controls started acting super funky. The rate seems to do absolutely nothing now, other than a little stutter when i make large sweeps with the knob. The tap tempo works and responds to the ratio knob but not in the right way. Spacing seems to be controlling the rate and spacing at the same time – clockwise the rate goes up. I always use it on full speed so Im not sure how long its been doing this, but I know it wasnt doing it when I first got it operational. The only way I can get it to full speed now is with spacing and ratio fully clockwise, again rate seems to have no effect other than a small stutter when I sweep it up and down.

#14297 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Not trying to be pedantic (you may have already tried) but perhaps the locking nut on the knob. I guess it would be a pot gone bad, or even something as simple as a bad solder joint that finally stopped working. These would be all my first thoughts. Good luck. I just built mine and haven’t had to troubleshoot as yet.

#14320 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

What are you using for a power supply?

#14348 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

That’s a good question. What is the minimum milliamps that a power supply should have for this pedal? I know that it’s OK to run a pedal with higher milliamps than rated but problems ensue when the supply milliamps is too low.

#14394 Reply
    brach

The pedal uses around 50mA, so to be safe use a power supply capbale of suppling 100mA.

#16568 Reply
    Seth N Peacock

I’m using a 100mA output on a voodoo lab mondo supply. Any ideas which part of the circuit i should be looking for the bad solder joint?

#16601 Reply
    brach

Make sure the rate pot is soldered properly…just re-flow those joints to make sure. Check the voltage on the corresponding microcontroller pin (pin # 25) to ensure voltage is getting there…it should be between 0 and 5 volts depending on how the knob is set. If all that looks good then it may be that your microcontroller fell victim to a static discharge somewhere along the way. This happens sometimes which causes the ADCs on the microcontroller to not function anymore.
    -Brach

#19043 Reply
    Seth N Peacock

Reflowing did the trick – thanks!!

#19175 Reply
    brach

That’s great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #16568 in Quaverato Troubleshooting
Your information: