Theremins of the Wild West

Home Forums Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Forum Altura User Reviews Theremins of the Wild West

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

We just received this letter from my new favorite customer:

I’ve been considering a theremin for a long time. Then I saw the Nuts ‘N Volts magazine article about the Altura. Finally something I can afford using something less tricky than detuning an oscillator. The final factor was seeing that portamento is not mandatory, and there are multiple modes.
    I’m part of a variety troupe doing revues about scoundrels through the ages (pirates, wild west con men, 1920s Chicago crooks, etc.), and an unusual instrument should add to the show.

OTHER FACTORS:
    1. By blending the final audio output with fixed oscillators, I want to try making the world’s funkiest bagpipe emulator.
    2. I have an old “Miracle Piano” keyboard with MIDI connectors, and I’m intrigued with using the Altura to control it.
    3. I’m both a planner and preformer for the largest US outdoor steampunk festival (Watch City). The cases for both the Altura and Macchiato will be made of 1/8 inch model aircraft plywood, stained and varnished, with brass angle accenting the edges, possibly matching the case I built for my ham radio equipment, to look appropriately steampunk.

Yes, I willl send pictures of the results.

-= Bill McIninch, KA1MOM =-
    AKA “Doc Whatley” of the King Serpent Variety Troupe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Theremins of the Wild West
Your information: