Trouble with build

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Trouble with build

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dan

aleach07,
    I’ve been following your thread with interest because I’m trying to decide if I should attempt to build a Quaverato. I’ve never built a pedal, but I have worked on preamps, tube mics, guitar amps and guitar wiring. It’s a bit dismaying to read your thread, because you’ve obviously done a fine job in assembling this pedal, yet it is not functioning. Would you recommend this build to others?
    Thanks,
    Dan

#9640 Reply
    brach

I’ve got to say, I’ve never experienced anything like this with this pedal. I’m sorry for the frustration and I commend you for your persistence. At this point we’ve pretty much ruled out everything that I can think of outside of the microcontroller. The Quaverato is a pretty simple pedal from an electrical perspective so there’s not much that can go wrong…Now that we’ve ruled out basically everything else I have confidence that a re-flashed/new micro will get it back to working. So maybe your original hunch was correct, that the micro was damaged somehow. It may have been damaged through static electricity in assembly…we test all these chips before we send them out so it was working at some point.
    If you have access to a USB tiny you can re-flash it using our ZDL Updater software available on our website to see if that helps, or you can sent the chip into us and we can either re-flash it or replace it depending on what it needs.
    Once again, I’m sorry for the frustration.
    -Brach

#9641 Reply
    aleach07
    Participant

Dan,
    At this point I would still recommend this pedal/kit. Although I haven’t gotten mine functioning yet, the support from brach has been excellent. Sometimes components fail. I’d have certainly been bummed if the response was “build at your own risk, sorry!” but it’s been far from that. The circuit isn’t that complicated, the documentation is excellent, and given your experience, I doubt you’ll have a problem assembling this pedal.

Thanks,
    Andrew

#9645 Reply
    aleach07
    Participant

Brach,
    I don’t have a USB tiny, but looking thru the documentation and driver info it looks like it’s PC only? Any way I can re-flash the micro w/ a Mac? I don’t have a PC anymore unfortunately. I’m also happy to just order a new micro at this point and mess w/ the old one some other time.

Thanks,
    Andrew

#9646 Reply
    brach

Yes, the ZDL Updater software is pc only, at this point. Sorry.
    Glen (our manager) should respond to you via email with info on getting a new microcontroller.
    Once again, I’m really sorry for your frustration. We’ll get your Quaverato working soon.
    -Brach

#10580 Reply
    aleach07
    Participant

Brach,
    I received my replacement microcontroller today — popped it in and the pedal works perfectly! Functions great, sounds fantastic!

Thanks again for all of your support. I certainly learned a lot about how this pedal works!

Cheers,
    Andrew

#10602 Reply
    brach

Ahh! That was it! I’m really glad to hear that fixed it…of course there was nothing else that it could have been at this point because we checked and re-checked everything else. My guess is that it must have been damaged through static electricity.
    Enjoy your Quaverato. I hope it gives you years of great tone!
    -Brach

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Reply #9645 in Trouble with build
Your information: