Volume cuts out after 10 o'clock

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Volume cuts out after 10 o'clock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Vincent

One might think it is the right time at night to stop bothering the neighbours with guitar doodling.
    With the volume set at around 10 o’clock and beyond I loose signal/output fast up till nothing at all at 11:30. Sound is squeezed out like a real tight compressor between 10 and half past -ish. Pot is a bit noisy as well.
    When I tested it after I built it, it worked fine, left it in a box for a couple of months to explore later, hooked it up this week and had this problem. Everything else works fine. Is the pot faulty? Op amps? My knowledge is insufficient to work this out.

#19355 Reply
    brach

This is an odd symptom. I’ve never experienced this before. But it has to be something simple, like a bad connection or solder joint…there’s not much after the volume pot except the output jack. It’s hard to say much without hearing it myself. If you could send me a cell phone video showing me this problem i might be able to have some more insight.
    Before you send the video tell me what circuit board version do you have? 6.x or 8.x?
    If you have board version 8.x then see what happens when you remove (or lift one leg of) C17.
    If you have version 6.x then proceed with the video.
    Our email is info “at” zeppelindesignlabs.com
    -Brach

#19360 Reply
    Bob Vincent

thanx for the response. I’ll mail you in a few days after the fest. Version 6.1 so with vid. Thnx again.

#19409 Reply
    Bob Vincent

Okay, here is what I did: I hooked it up to make a vid for you, used a real amp instead of the old POD 2.0 I used before to test, and lo and behold, on a real amp it works like a charm! As beautiful as I remembered it to be, the very reason I wanted to own and assemble one. I guess it has no taste for modeling amps. Happy holidays and make the best of 2020.

#19416 Reply
    brach

Bob,
    I’m glad to hear that’s it’s working the way it should on a real amp. I’m not sure why it was behaving that way with the Pod…i guess just keep using the real amp.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #19355 in Volume cuts out after 10 o'clock
Your information: