VPM-1 expression upgrade – ability to switch between expression and volume?

Home Forums VPM-1 Forum VPM-1 FAQ & Support VPM-1 expression upgrade – ability to switch between expression and volume?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jonno

I’m wondering if I get both the volume and expression upgrades, if there is any way that I will be able to use both the volume and expression functions without repatching? I don’t need or want to control volume and expression and the same time, but I would love a volume/expression pedal that can serve both purposes. I guess it would need some kind of switching capability, which I know isn’t currently available on the Ernie Ball Volume Jnr or the VPM-1 mod.

#40316 Reply
    brach

I suppose all that’s really necessary to do what you want is to flip the expression dip switch (switch 4 on the main board dip switch). Repatching anything isn’t really necessary if you don’t need to use the tuning jack for your audio signal…you can just keep your expression cables plugged into the tuner/exp jack. I’ve heard of at least one customer wiring a “break-out” switch to the dip switch pads so they could more easily switch them without removing the module. That may be a good option for you. I don’t know where you’d mount the break-out switch, but electrically it should work.
    …just an idea.
    -Brach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #40316 in VPM-1 expression upgrade – ability to switch between expression and volume?
Your information: