The Noisette is a fun-to-play Optical Theremin that allows you to make crazy sounds — from spooky and creepy to atmospheric and spacy. You can control the pitch and volume of the audio signal by shielding the amount of light that reaches the optical sensors. Build it yourself from a fun and easy kit – soldering is required. The Noisette is a great introduction to DIY electronics for STEM students or anyone else interested in the world of audio electronics. It’s a perfect gift for experimental musicians or performance artists! The kit can be assembled in a few hours. For adults of all ages and kids as young as 8 years old, alongside a qualified adult.
The Noisette features:
- Two Optical sensors to control pitch and volume
- Master volume control knob
- Wave Shape Select: Square, Sine, or anything in between
- All-analog circuit design
- On-board speaker
- Headphone / Line Out Jack – accepts a 3.5mm (1/8″) TRS or TRRS male jack
- Can be powered with either a 9 volt battery or an external 9 volt power adapter
- Easy to assemble with our 30 page, full color assembly manual (with over 100 assembly photographs)
- Only 18 parts that need to be assembled to the circuit board
Requires 9V DC power. Use a battery (not included) or a 9 volt adapter.
Making crazy sounds with the Noisette through a pedal board:
Assembling the Noisette: