100k resistor values above 1%

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support 100k resistor values above 1%

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SterlingLl
    Participant

Hello everyone, I don’t know if this is a big deal but a couple of my 100k resistors read 102.3k and 102.4k respectively. Since the instructions say to check the values after you solder them and make sure they’re performing within 1% of spec. I’m just wondering; is this a big deal? Should I order some new 100k resistors? Thanks.

#31168 Reply
    brach

SterlingLl,
    Thank you for letting us know about this, and i’m sorry for any anxiety this has given you. To answer your question, no, this is not a big deal and you don’t need to order new resistors. The fact is, this could simply be an issue with your meter or probes (i’m not saying your meter isn’t good), or even more likely, the how the measurement was done. If the solder joint has flux on the surface of it, most of the time the resistance readings will be high. The sharp point on the probe is good for digging into the solder a bit to get past the flux layer. But it is just as likely that the resistors are, in fact, out of spec…especially if all the other resistors measured good. We get them from a large supplier overseas, so it is very possible they sent us some resistors that was pushed through the QC process. Fortunately, in this case it’s exact tolerance isn’t important. In the manual, I said that to make sure all the resistors were in the correct range….i should have probably worded it differently. Sorry for the confusion and needless worry.
    Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this.
    Enjoy your Quaverato!
    Take care.
    -Brach

#31169 Reply
    SterlingLl
    Participant

Thanks a billion for the quick reply and no worries. Love the kit!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: 100k resistor values above 1%
Your information: