9v Battery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Will this pedal run off a 9v battery and is a mod possible? Inside looks tight to fit a battery.

#14134 Reply
    brach

Yes, using a battery is possible, but not suggested. For one, the current draw is around 50mA so it’d be like using a battery on something like a Boss DD-7 delay pedal…you’d only get about 6 hours of use from one battery. Also, as you noticed, there isn’t a place in the pedal for a battery, so you’d have to use a “battery snap to barrel jack” adaptor…something like this:
    http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_40

#14136 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Thanks, that helpful. I figured the draw would be high in this pedal, so I anticipate short battery life. I only ask because I go to jams where I usually only get up for a few songs. So a battery option would ease the transition. On my board, it will have power from an adapter. I found a solution on Amazon that also has a small pouch that you can velcro to the side of the pedal. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Oh, and We Want an Optical Compressor (ok, it’s just me, but I bet there are others). Perhaps the Quavicomp.

#14139 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Got the battery adapter today. It works great and the pouch is perfect. Here is the link:

#14147 Reply
    brach

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I’m glad it’s working well for you.
    -Brach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: 9v Battery
Your information: