Zeppelin Design Labs

Depth knob not working properly

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Depth knob not working properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy L 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andy L
    Participant

Hello,
    I just completed my build of the Quaverato. I double checked all components on VOM before installation and solder joints are all solid. I’ve been building tube guitar amps and pedals for about 20 years so building this was fairly easy. I’m getting between 0 and 5 VDC on Pin 23 of the microcontroller as I adjust depth but the pot does not do anything EXCEPT at two specific locations the pedal produces the expected tremolo. That’s about 10 and 2 o’clock.
    I pulled board from chassis to eliminate any shorting on the pots.
    I’m guessing based on other posts that my microcontroller is toast. That’s a shame considering I discharged myself before handling by touching a very large steel rolling toolbox. This usually does the trick when I’ve handled other sensitive components.
    I’m on a Mac. How do I go about re-flashing the microcontroller.
    Thanks much
    Andy

#17137 Reply

brach

Andy,
    I’m sorry to hear about your Quaverato issue. By the symptoms, it does sound like the microcontroller is damaged. You can try to re-flash it if you can borrow a PC, but if the microcontroller has been badly damaged it may not be flashable anyway. Otherwise, you can either get another microcontroller from us (contact us via email: info “at” zeppelindesignlabs.com). If you are into building electronics, you may have another atmega328p around, which you can flash with our software…if you can borrow a PC. If that sounds like too much of a headache, contact us and we’ll sell you a new microcontroller.
    Once again, sorry for the trouble.
    -Brach

#17177 Reply

Andy L
    Participant

Hi Brach,
    Thanks for replying.
    Since it’s roasted I want to take a stab at flashing it just for giggles. I have a PC laptop from work. Is there an FAQ on how to do the flashing? Hardware needed? etc…
    Thanks
    Andy

#17195 Reply

Andy L
    Participant

I’ll contact you guys about a new chip. Work PC not doable.
    Thanks
    Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Depth knob not working properly
Your information:

avant-garde audio & electronic products