Macchiato Gift to my Daughter

Home Forums Macchiato Mini Synth Forum Macchiato User Reviews Macchiato Gift to my Daughter

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

We received this fine note from Scott in Chicago:
    ” My daughter asked me to build her a Macchiato Mini-Synth from Zeppelin Designs. This is how it went. I have very limited experience building electronics from scratch, so when I read online that the Zeppelin folks prided themselves on ease of their instructions, I took a measure of comfort and a big gulp of coffee and began. I needed fairly simple tools, mostly a soldering iron and solder, a well lit workspace, and a magnifying glass (the color stripes on the resistors are a little tricky to differentiate). The process was straightforward and satisfying. It took me a couple of hours with my average soldering skills. At first it didn’t work, so i went back over the solder points and…Bam! I was making synthy sounds! We had purchased the case kit and that was fun too. I just needed model airplane glue, an exacto knife, and an emory board to quickly assemble another satisfying DIY project that made the Macchiato look completed and fully awesome. I proudly delivered the results to my excited daughter and hopefully scored some Dad points in the process, although I’m pretty sure she could have built it just as easily herself.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Macchiato Gift to my Daughter
Your information: