modding my altura, question 4 u guys & dolls

Home Forums Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Forum Altura FAQ & Support modding my altura, question 4 u guys & dolls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    coffeepal

Hey as I think I’ve mentioned to somebody over there I’ve been meaning to have all the leads for all 7 knobs on the Altura go to a DB15 cable, and from there to a breakout box that you control with your feet. It’s a pretty simple mod but I’m really excited about it and I’d like to ask your advice.

First, the seven potentiometers in the foot controller appear to be measuring approx. 0-90k, rather than the full 100k like advertised, in my cheap multimeter here. Is this going to be a problem working in the place of the alps pots you include with the kit? Or should I try getting better pots?

Secondly – and I think I discussed this with one of you previously but it’s been a few months – I can take the 3 wires coming from each pot and run one to a common wire, right, using all 15 of the cables?

Thanks for any and all help. Very excited about this project. I think you will be as excited when I show it to you. It should make for great fun with the arpeggiator especially.

— coffeepal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: modding my altura, question 4 u guys & dolls
Your information: