Reverb as volume boost

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Reverb as volume boost

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hello
    I purchased a used Quaverato on Reverb a few months back, and I must say it’s a fantastic pedal! Well done! I had to adjust the internal high and low trim pots to eliminate some distortion, but that was relatively simple.

I run the Quaverato in the FX loop of my Quilter101, in this order
    Send—> MXR UniVibe -> TC Electronic Flashback-> Quaverato-> TC Electronic HOF MiniReverb-> Return. The univibe is true bypass, and I’ve set the delay to be so as well, so there are no buffers in the chain before the Quaverato. When I turn on the reverb it boosts the volume and the mids of the whole signal, but only when the Quaverato is on. When the Quaverato is off, the reverb has zero effect on the volume. Any ideas as to what’s causing this? I pulled the Quaverato out of the loop and substituted a different trem pedal, and the reverb had no effect on volume. I’m guessing there’s a strange interaction between the Quaverato output and the DSP in the reverb… wondered if you’d come across this?
    Thanks!

#13050 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Peter, thanks for writing! Brach, the Quaverato’s designer, is out of the lab for a couple of days. Please expect to hear from him soon.

Glen

#13069 Reply
    brach

Peter,
    Try setting your Flashback delay to buffered mode, instead of true bypass. A buffered pedal driving the Quaverato tends to work better because of the input impedance and the internal filter circuits. Another thing you could try while the Quaverato is in the pedal chain is to adjust the HIGH and LOW trim pots to settings that sound more natural. But I think you’ll find that driving it with a buffered pedal will help.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

#13084 Reply
    Peter

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reverb as volume boost
Your information: