Sound breaks up as it gets to zero

Home Forums VPM-1 Forum Sound breaks up as it gets to zero

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    neil
    Participant

Hi all.

I got the VPM-1 kit a while back. The mod is pretty good but I have one major issue. As I rock the pedal back to the silent position, the sound gets a “frying” sort of crackle to it. As a result, I’ve had to put in a shim that stops the footplate before it rocks back to the silent position which isn’t ideal. It’s like there’s a problem where the circuit doesn’t know whether it should be open or closed so it oscillates between the two states, causing the fry. I’ve tried all sorts of calibration approaches but I can’t get rid of the problem.
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Neil.

#42123 Reply
    brach

Neil,
    I’m sorry about this trouble.
    I’m not sure what is happening here. Does the frying sound happen when the treadle is stationary, or just when it is moving through the lowest part of its action? There are some interesting things that are happening at the very lowest volume setting that may be causing some sonic artifacts. I’ve never heard of this happening, but I suppose it’s possible.
    A question that follows is how much gain are you using on the VPM-1 or after it? If you use a lot of gain, then some of the normally inaudible artifacts might be more audible if the volume is turned up enough.
    Also, it may help to re-set the volume level table in your pedal’s software by running the “stereo setup routine” discussed in step E-3 of the troubleshooting guide (if you haven’t done this already).
    I hope this is helpful.
    -Brach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Sound breaks up as it gets to zero
Your information: