Too much gain

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Too much gain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mwillums
    Participant

Pedal passes signal but its very distorted, like there’s a fuzz pedal in front of it. I’ve reflowed all solder points, checked continuity and voltages, and everything looks good. The signal is still distorted even when I turn the gain trimpot down until there is no signal, so it must be happening before that point in the circuit. Could there be an issue with the op amps over driving even though the voltages on all of the pins read as they should?

#41415 Reply
    brach

If the voltages on the opamp are all correct (as per the voltage chart on the troubleshooting guide) then that part of the circuit is probably working fine. The only thing I can think of is either one of the resistors is not the correct value, or perhaps a solder joint is not making a good connection. If you can’t figure it out, you could take some (detailed, in focus) photos of both sides of your circuit board (clearly showing all the solder joints and components…you’ll have to bend up the pots on the solder side of the board to show under them) and I could see if there’s anything that I could notice that could be causing the is problem.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Too much gain
Your information: