Tuner output – no signal

Home Forums VPM-1 Forum VPM-1 FAQ & Support Tuner output – no signal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I completed the VPM-1 build and while the regular output works, there is no signal on the Tuner jack output.
    J4 does have the jumper on it. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting or what possible issues may be?

Thanks,
    Chris

#26897 Reply
    brach

Chris,
    Sorry about your tuner jack issues. With the tuner jack plugged into an amp and while you play guitar through the pedal, can you get the signal jump in and out while you wiggle the male jack that’s plugged into the tuner jack (up and down and left and right)? I’m just wanting to see if there might be a bad connection in the jack. Other than that all i can think of is that there might be a bad solder connection somewhere in that signal path…check J5.
    Let me know.
    -Brach

#26899 Reply
    Chris
    Participant

Brach,

Thanks for the reply. Wiggling the j4 jumper/pins gave me intermittent signal. Upon closer inspection it did look like bad solder connection on one of the J4 pin. I redid those solder connections and it works as it should now. yay!
    Great sounding pedal and the directions are well laid out.

Do you have pricing options if I decide to upgrade it to the stereo or expression versions in the future?

-Chris

#26902 Reply
    brach

I’m glad to hear that was an easy fix.
    We do have a pricing option for the expression upgrade…I’m not sure if we are able to display it on our website because of WordPress limitations. Just email us if you are interested in adding on the expression mod.
    Upgrading to a stereo pedal from a mono pedal is a little trickier because it would involve replacing the optocouplers….so i don’t think we are currently offering that option.
    Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions.
    Enjoy your VPM-1!
    -Brach

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Tuner output – no signal
Your information: