VPM-1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kong53
    Participant

I recently built the DIY VPM-1 kit …I get a signal and I’ve trouble shooted to the best of my abilities but I can’t get the pedal to change volume (in other words there is no sweep).
    I tested all the points on the voltage chart and the Red 5 volts points register 4.15k and the Green 9volt points register at 8.80k. I’m not sure how to test the -9volt points. I get a clean signal just no volume taper.

Any suggestions ? Thanks for your time,

#41529 Reply
    brach

I’m sorry about your VPM-1 troubles.
    Are you saying you’re measuring 4.15 and 8.80 thousand volts?! Are you sure you are using your multimeter correctly?
    I don’t want to insult you, but you may not have the experience to successfully build this type of project. Unfortunately, the VPM-1 isn’t a very beginner friendly kit (as explained in the assembly manual)….the reason I’m bringing it up is because it may be difficult to help you in this forum if you don’t have the correct tools or much experience using them. You may need to take this kit to an electronics technician to get some live face-to-face help.
    I’m sorry about this.
    -Brach

#41530 Reply
    kong53
    Participant

Thank you for your reply …not insulted I meant ohms I think …I would say I’ve built simpler mods successfully in the past but I definitely try to attempt projects I shouldn’t and this turned out to be one of them and it seems the the more probing and testing I do the more lost I’ve become.

I’m finding continuity at a couple of spots where there shouldn’t (at the LED and the S2 dip switch) be and no continuity on pin 2 of Q1 at this point I’m afraid I might have reached the point of no return.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: VPM-1
Your information: