Zeppelin Design Labs

Synth not working (Troubleshooting Help)

Home Forums Macchiato Mini Synth Forum Macchiato FAQ & Support Synth not working (Troubleshooting Help)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zdlAdmin 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeremy

I finished soldering the DIY kit of the Macchiato Synth, but get no sound. I have read the quickstart guide, and tried tweaking the knobs even randomly to no avail. The power LED comes on properly, but that’s it for output. I have checked my connections and parts, and they all seem to be the right parts in the right spots with properly soldered connections.

Are there any known issues to watch out for, parts I should try replacing, or software glitches?

My first guess is maybe when I soldered it too much heat got to the 2 IC’s. If nothing else works, I guess I’ll try replacing them with IC sockets and new IC’s.

#2014 Reply

zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

Holy Cannoli Jeremy! We’ve had some trouble with our Forum Notifications routine, and your post escaped our attention. Pray tell, how’s that Macchiato of yours? Still silent? What’s the serial number? Do I understand you get no sound from either the onboard speaker or through the headphone jack? Among the possible explanations are 1) a damaged component, as you noted; 2) an undetected broken solder joint along the critical signal path, probably somewhere from the volume pot to the point where the signal splits between the speaker and the jack. I’ll have Brach, the Macchiato’s designer, chime in tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Glen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Synth not working (Troubleshooting Help)
Your information:

avant-garde audio & electronic products