1st trim pot won’t read a signal

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support 1st trim pot won’t read a signal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brentv
    Participant

I have finished the soldering assembly and ready to set the ohms into the blue trim pots, the HPF reads, but the LPF does not. Now the instructions say to check D1, C14, and LED, and I did and everything seems to new assembled correctly. One thing I noticed was the instructions of the PCB of Figure 4 is actually slightly different than the board I have received – to the right of the relay, on the diagram there is the position for the R15 resistor and plenty of space on the board until it gets to the potentiometer hole for the rate. However, on my PCB, it says R30 instead of R15, and there is quite a few values and locations not shown on Figure 4, including PCB numbers of C18,C19,q3,q4,q5, etc. did I download the wrong version of instructions? please help

#22739 Reply
    LJC_1
    Participant

The circuit board for my Quaverato includes the circuit for the Midi Interface, but the components were not in the kit.
    R15 and R26 are not included with the standard kit.
    If you installed these from the parts you have, you will be missing the parts somewhere else on the
    circuit board.
    The section for midi is designated on the board and if you did not get the midi option,
    that section should be void of any components.

#22741 Reply
    Brent

Thank you I see I jumped over r15. I’ll resolder that puppy in and be back

#22742 Reply
    brentv
    Participant

I took the pots out, took the caps out, took the components out, checked their values, I checked the ground connections as well as the foot switches, I checked the power supply, I ensured the polarized values were in the correct holes, and resoldered everything in and I have the same problem. I have and overloaded signal for my LPF in the test sockets. I’m at a loss at this point, im not sure what could be wrong. I even switched out some of the resistors to make sure that wasn’t causing the overload. does anyone have any ideas? did I get a faulty component or PCB?

#22743 Reply
    brentv
    Participant

Ive never come across a faulty component in a DIY kit but I’ve never reassembled something and still have the same problem!

#22744 Reply
    brach

Brentv,
    What do you mean by “I have and overloaded signal for my LPF in the test sockets”? What test sockets are you referring to? And what you do you mean by “overloaded”?
    I’m confused.
    Did you download the correct assembly manual for the serial number range you have? Did you notice the Note on page 13?
    Have you worked through the troubleshooting guide located under the documentation tab on the Quaverato page of our website?
    Help me to understand so i can help you better.
    -Brach

#22747 Reply
    brentv
    Participant

my apologies for the misleading info I am not the best at the lingo and thank you for your welcoming your new village idiot. 1st forget about what I mentioned about the LPF. and not overload, “Open Loop”, (seeing oL on meter) and I am referring to testing with the meter in TP3 and TP4 (forget the word sockets im referring to TP3 and TP4 here specifically). So I am able to set the values on VR10 (metering through TP5 and TP4) and VR8 (metering through TP1 and TP2), but have an open loop in TP3 TP4. Aside from that, the pedal doesn’t turn on which I assume might be the same problem

#22750 Reply
    brach

Ok, thanks for the clarification….and welcome to the forum.
    Something is amiss because you need to measure TP1/TP2 and TP3/TP4 while the pedal is powered on. The pedal needs to be off to measure the resistance across TP5/TP6. So if your pedal is not powering on then your reading on TP1/TP2 is not correct.
    I suggest following the troubleshooting guide to try to resolve the power issue. It explains everything better and faster than i could type here.
    Let me know if you need help on those steps.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 1st trim pot won’t read a signal
Your information: