Arduino sketch PIN Assignments question

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Arduino sketch PIN Assignments question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clive
    Participant

Hi,
    Because I’m a geek I thought I’d mess around with the Arduino Sketch and tweak it for my own personal use but I’m baffled by the PIN assignments in the Arduino sketch (downloaded from GIThub). They don’t seem to match the actual pins on the Schematic and the PCB (using V8.2 of the PCB and V2.4.2 of the S/W).

From the Arduino Sketch:-

const byte led_pin_TempoLed = 3;
    const byte led_pin_Low = 10;
    const byte led_pin_High = 9;
    const byte led_pin_Bypass = 4;
    const byte switch_pin_TapTempo = 2;
    const byte switch_pin_Bypass = 1;
    const byte switch_pin_Mode = 5;
    const byte switch_pin_Phase = 6

So, just taking a few pins for example (although they all seem ‘wrong’ to me);
    Sketch states the TapTempo Switch connects to pin 2 yet the board and schematic are pin 4.
    Sketch states Tap Tempo LED on pin 3 yet the board and schematic are pin 4.
    Sketch states Low Freq LED on pin 10 yet the board and schematic are pin 16.

Unless I’m being completely dumb (happy to be told I am!) I really don’t get it, please put me out of my confusion (misery!)

Thanks,
    Clive

#22991 Reply
    Clive
    Participant

Can’t seem to edit my previous post, so I’ve added here. I just realised that there is a difference between Physical pins and logical pin assignments and now they do all make sense. DUH!

#22998 Reply
    brach

Yes, physical pins and Arduino pins are different…the pins in the code are the Arduino pin assignments.
    Enjoy tinkering!
    -Brach

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Arduino sketch PIN Assignments question
Your information: