Control problems

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support Control problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

The build is finished, but the wave shape, the rate know disengages the trem, and the rate multiplier does nothing. It sounds similar to the “knob flakiness” thread. Not sure what the best course of action is: order the programmer or a new microcontroller?

Thanks

#13521 Reply
    jake
    Participant

That should say “rate knob disengages the trem”.

#13542 Reply
    brach

Jake,
    Yes, it does sound like that may be a microcontroller issue. Just to make sure, what voltages are you getting on pin 25 of the microcontroller as you turn the multiplier knob? It should scroll between 0 and 5V if it is working properly. Let me know what you find out.
    -Brach

#13590 Reply
    jake
    Participant

From pin 25 to ground I’m getting between 0-5 volts, so that seems like a good sign. But from 23-24, I’m also getting 0-5 volts, which according to the other post, means the microcontroller is bad, right?

Also, what can I do to prevent damage from static electricity? Thanks!

#13633 Reply
    brach

Jake,
    If you are getting that voltage range on those pins as you adjust the pots it means that the pots are working correctly and giving the microcontroller the proper voltage. So by deduction, we can say that the microcontroller is damaged and not working correctly.
    Your microcontroller may be re-flashable, but it may have been damaged enough by static electricity that I can’t guarantee it will work. If you’d like to get a new microcontroller then contact us via email and let us know your serial number: info “at” zeppelindesignlabs “dot” com …we’ll let you know how to get one if that’s what you want to do.
    To prevent static electricity damage you need to make sure that you are grounded, and not at a different potential (voltage) difference than the thing you’re handling. In our lab we have ESD conductive wrist bands that keep us “electrically” connected to the AC mains ground. If you don’t have a ESD wrist band then just make sure you are touching something big and conductive (that is grounded) as you touch static sensitive parts to make sure that no voltage difference can build up on either you or the thing you are working on.
    Anyway, sorry about the trouble.
    Take care,
    -Brach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Control problems
Your information: