High B frequency present

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support High B frequency present

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HotDotDog
    Participant

So my Quaverato has taken to emitting a high B frequency on its own when ever the effect is left on.this woudld be the B tone at the 12th fret of the B string. With all volume on the guitar off as well as no other pedals on, you can hear this note pulsating at the same rate as the rate setting on the pedal.If I reboot the Quaverato, the symptom is gone until I play a note. then the symptom returns. Any ideas where to look for this anomaly?

#6736 Reply
    brach

Wow! That certainly is an anomaly.
    My first thought is a power supply issue…try getting power from a different source.
    Something else to check for is microphonic components. With the Quaverato plugged in to an amp, tap on various components on the PCB with a (non-conductive) plastic pen or something to see if you can hear ringing.
    Has it always done this or did it start recently? Have you tried unplugging your guitar from the cable to make sure it’s not somehow the guitar? Just to be safe, have you tried a different input cable?
    Keep me posted.
    -Brach

#7711 Reply
    Cedric

I am having this problem as well, it is more noticeable when bypassed however goes away when the depth knob is at zero. I am also having excessive noise and hiss when the quaverato is on. I love the sounds that I am getting from this unit but currently with these issues it is unusable. Would it be possible to send it back for you to take a look at? I have tried to locate any microphonic components, but have not had any luck…

#7761 Reply
    brach

Cedric,
    I’m sorry to hear that you are having this strange issue as well. I would really like to help you out, if you can get it to me and provide a way I can get it back to you. But I can’t promise anything because there is a good chance that other outside issues may be causing these problems. I also can’t afford to spend tons of time rebuilding the pedal completely if that is what it needs….depending on the build quality.
    If you can agree to these things then please, send it in. Sorry to be so annoying, but in the past, we’ve gotten burned by my trying to be helpful in this way.
    Let me know if you want to send it in, i’ll give you the details.
    -Brach

#7788 Reply
    Cedric

Thanks Brach,
    I will send it in to you. See what you think, you can Send me an invoice and I can e-transfer you the balance for repair and shipping before you send it back to me if that works.

-Cedric

#7936 Reply
    brach

Cedric,
    That will work. If you could send an email to info “at” zeppelindesignlabs.com and give us your name and email address then we’ll send you info on getting the pedal to us.
    Just be aware that me looking at it may not change anything if I can’t get the pedal to reproduce the issues you are having.
    Anyway, send us an email and we’ll be in touch.
    -Brach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: High B frequency present
Your information: