High Trim Pot Issue

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support High Trim Pot Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Armistead

Hi There,

I’ve been running voltages on the Quaverato and I can’t get the voltages on the high trim pot to go past 1k. All other voltages on the other trim pots check out. I’ve double check assembly. I do hear a tiny clock inside the trim pot. I was wondering could this be due to a faulty trim pot or do you think there may be another issue?

Thank You,
    Aaron

#7099 Reply
    brach

Aaron,
    How are you measuring the resistance of the trim pot? Is it in the circuit or is it out? Are you measuring across test points 1 and 2?
    The clicking you hear happens when the trim pot is maxed out in one direction or the other. It’s normal.
    -Brach

#7100 Reply
    Aaron Armistead

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. I’m measuring at the test points. Plugged in with a cable in the input jack.

-Aaron

#7121 Reply
    brach

Assuming the solder jumpers are open, when you measure across the test points, you are actually measuring the resistance of the LDR in the optocoupler. When the LED is off the resistance should be very high (practically open) and when the LED is on the resistance should be relatively low depending on how bright the LED is (which is determined by the trim pot). If the resistance won’t get above 1K then this tells me there is most likely something wrong in the optocoupler circuit. Make sure everything is installed correctly and all the solder joints are very solid (and noting is open or shorted) in that circuit. Make sure the jumpers are open too, that would really screw up your readings. It is possible that the trim pot is bad, but that is not likely. If everything else looks good then you can check your trim pot by measuring the resistance across it’s outer most pins while the power is off. You can check your readings against the LOW trim pot resistance measurements to see if they are similar.
    Let me know what you find.
    -Brach

#7132 Reply
    Aaron Armistead

Ok I’ve got my readings correct but there’s no tremolo. The strobe indicator led seems to be functioning properly when I adjust the depth, wave shape, and tap switch. The result plugged in and engaged is a slightly fuzzy guitar tone.

Sorry To Bother

#7146 Reply
    brach

This sounds like a bad solder joint somewhere. Did you have to re-flow any solder joints to get the the test points to read correctly?
    I’d re-flow all the solder joints on the board, especially the parts dealing with the signal path. Take your time and make sure there are no bridges anywhere. Also make sure you don’t use too much solder, which can be difficult to control and has a tendency to bridge other joints.
    Good luck.
    -Brach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: High Trim Pot Issue
Your information: