MIDI Control?

Home Forums Quaverato Forum Quaverato FAQ & Support MIDI Control?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

We’ve already fielded many inquiries concerning MIDI control for the brand-new Quaverato Harmonic Tremolo Pedal. Short answer is Yes, it’s on the way. With MIDI control you will be able to store presets on the pedal, and then call them up on the fly with any MIDI controller.

Long answer:

The Quaverato has an all-analog signal path, but it is digitally controlled by a microcontroller, which drives the signal via a pair of optocouplers. When you twiddle the knobs, you send numbers to the microcontroller which uses your input to drive the optocouplers. The PCB inside the Quaverato already has a port on it just waiting for us to release a MIDI mod late in 2018. You will drill one hole in the back of your pedal, install a 1/8″ jack, plug a little cable into the port on the PCB, and plug a MIDI adapter cable into the 1/8″ jack. Kit builders can save some loot by doing a bit more of the assembly themselves.

You will also need to update the control software on your Quaverato. For this, we will be releasing an Updater App to streamline the process. You will need to buy or borrow a little piece of hardware, called a Programmer, to plug your pedal into your PC. Then, with the Updater, the new software will install with a few mouse slicks.

For those with more money than time on their hands, we will also offer an upgrade service.

#14140 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

I’ve searched for USBTiny Programmer on the internet and all kinds of things come up. What do you recommend that will work with your pedal?

#14161 Reply
    zdlAdmin
    Keymaster

We suggest you shop with Adafruit (a kit), Sparkfun. or ourselves. Programmers from the first two are likely but not guaranteed to work with our products; the programmer we sell is the actual device we use in production to flash your device here in the Lab, and is guaranteed to work.

#14168 Reply
    Rusty Sterling
    Participant

Cool. I should have looked in your parts section. And that is yet another reason to us IC sockets on my build. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MIDI Control?
Your information: